In December of 2017, Bahia Principe announced plans to reorganize and reclassify its properties into four categories that include Luxury Bahia Principe, the most prestigious group in the Bahia collection, Grand Bahia Principe, which are classified as 5-star hotels, Sunlight Bahia Principe, classified as 4-star hotels, and Fantasia Bahia Principe which is a recently launched brand that focuses on family travel. These categories are further divided by experience and will include: Treasure for unique locations, Escape for adults only, and Family & Friends.
Under this initiative, the resort chain touted the rebrand one of its most popular properties in Punta Cana – the Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Green. With this new classification system, not only will this adults-only, five-star property fall under the category of Grand Bahia Principe (Escape), it will also feature a new name – Grand Bahia Principe Aquamarine.
The resort expects this rebranding to be fully ready for bookings by November 1st and with it will come several new features, including:
• Music and bars with extended hours
• Meals, cocktail nights, music & shows revolving around 3 different themes per week
• Unlimited à la carte dinners
• Two midday pool parties will feature finger foods, a DJ or live music, and drinks
• Fitness training available in the sports areas and swimming pools
• Two room categories are available: Junior Suites & Junior Suite Superior
• Free Wifi throughout the hotel (limited to 2 devices per room)
Bahia Principe’s humongous resort complex in Punta Cana, called Bahia Principe Bavaro, is made up of 7 different properties and categories with distinct sharing options. As of November 1st, guests of Grand Bahia Principe Aquamarine will be granted access to all “Grand” properties. Adult guests from the Luxury and Fantasia properties will have access to Aquamarine.