Owned by the Palladium Hotel Group, TRS Cap Cana Hotel is an all-inclusive, adults-only resort located in the tourist area of Cap Cana, Dominican Republic. This region is often thought of as “upscale Punta Cana” given that only 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) exist between the two. The TRS Cap Cana property features a small but pretty beachfront on the bay, four dining venues, a spa, and more. Guests can enjoy Palladium’s upgraded all-inclusive format called Infinite Indulgence which ensures guests can indulge in the best international dining, free drinks, Wi-Fi, access to the spa, and more.
There are 115 all-suite accommodations with 7 different room options, all of which offer 24-hour butler service and 24-hour room service, as well as upscale furnishings and amenities. Suite types include marine and poolside views, swim-up suites, and terrace oceanview suites with options for Jacuzzis, etc.
Four different restaurants sit on the property, along with a sports bar called Xtra Time. Guests can enjoy Italian fare at Tentazione, a la carte international cuisine and buffet options at Capricho, and Argentinian dishes at El Gaucho or Helios.
Some activities are included such as sea kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding. The resort also includes one free evening per person at the nearby TRS Turquesa Hotel’s Chic Cabaret & Restaurant, a dinner-and-entertainment offering.
Guests can indulge in relaxation and wellness at the Zentropia Palladium Spa & Wellness Center, which features a variety of treatments along with saunas, hot tubs, and a fitness center. Some daily programming and entertainment are also offered.
TRS Cap Cana provides packages for guests celebrating special occasions such as weddings, anniversaries, and other celebrations as well as meetings. Event spaces include an all-purpose room, the beach, and gardens.
For off-property fun, the resort is a short distance from the Punta Espada Golf Club, Los Establos horse riding center, and Scape Park theme park. There’s also a marina nearby for private charters, tours, and fishing excursions.
- the resort is well laid out and small enough to get around without the use of shuttles or trams
- clean and well maintained
- friendly and helpful staff
- the beach is extremely small and is on a “bay”, not on the ocean. Access to a nearby public beach is provided if guests first sit through a time-consuming sales presentation. At the beach, depending on the time of year, the thick and pungent brownish algae/seaweed known as sargassum can be problematic. Depending on how much collects, the smell can become repulsive. The odor, along with the smell from the nearby fishing port, can drift toward the resort.
- some complain that with only 4 restaurants on the property, the menus are not varied enough or at least rotated every few nights.
- there isn’t much to do at this resort, particularly in the evenings